Microbiology Laboratory Technical Support I - Crown Point, IN
DonLevy Laboratories is an independent, commercial, food testing laboratory dedicated to food safety and committed to quality challenges throughout the supply chain. We perform microbiological and chemistry analyses on environmental, raw material, and finished product samples submitted by food companies industry wide.
In addition to routine microbiological testing, DonLevy Laboratories provides on-site microbiological assessments and sanitation audits, customized shelf life evaluations, individually designed challenge studies, and training for our clients.
Assist microbiologists and technicians by performing support functions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Perform daily quality control functions including scale calibration, pre-op workstation swabbing, air controls and temperatures
2) Operate and maintain laboratory equipment
3) Assist microbiologist by weighing, homogenizing, pouring, swirling, stacking, dating and incubating quantitative plates
4) Assist microbiologist when aliquoting samples for storage studies
5) Prepare PDA by adding required supplement
6) Practice GLP
7) Weigh and enrich pathogen samples as... View Full Description
Critical Need Jobs
Browse other Food Science Jobs in Indiana
Browse all Food Science Jobs in Indiana